Better late than never?
Here are your five links for the weekend:
- There's plenty controversial about Bill Simmons, but no one can deny his skill as an editor. I was pumped to find out about his new project, The Ringer, this week — already signed up for the newsletter, and it's killer. No surprise.
- Speaking of newsletters, you should sign up for Shea Serrano's illustrated NBA newsletter, while you're at it.
- Speaking of newsletters again, I'm learning at work that I know next to nothing about email marketing and learning in life that it seems to be kind of a big deal these days. One of my favorite podcasts just released an episode about it... I'll be listening on my drive to my parents' this weekend.
- I swear my love for football automatically increases in proportion to how long I'm in Texas. I've now been here long enough that when I came across this photo gallery sifting through The Players' Tribune this past week, I got emotional. So, uh, that's a thing.
- Sports Illustrated recently unveiled the SI Vault, a treasure trove of years and years of high-quality sports writing. Yes, I'm geeking out.