"Don't wait." Ira Glass
What I've been working on:
Lots for RightNow, more of which I'll share later; but chances are, by the time most people read this, the Texas Water Safari will have started and I'll be chasing a team down the river to document the whole thing. Excited is an understatement.
This past week, therefore, has looked a lot like planning, packing, and generally prepping as much as I can for the event. From this point forward, I'm basically winging it. If you want to follow along, jump on Instagram and keep an eye on my story!
Now, for the main reason I'm posting this at all —
Randoms for your weekend:
- Ira Glass's commencement speech for Columbia Journalism School is the best thing the internet has ever given me. I watched it twice, and got emotional both times. One of the quotes from it is scribbled on the inside of multiple notebooks, and also taped to my mirror. It may only be that level of inspiring to a small handful of other people, but if you're one of those other people, I can't wait for you to hear it.
- On learning for learning's sake.
- Another Austin Kleon, because this is my list and I can do what I want — Thoughts On a Decade of Publishing Books.
- Jason Lee on the making of A Plain View, which I want very badly, if anyone feels like buying it for me.
- A friend sent me this article about Bonton Farms in South Dallas and... I want to do something like this with my life.