There was a point in the not-so-recent past in which I posted a weekend blog post every Friday — a quote, a work update, and links to some of my favorite things I found on the internet that week.
I've accepted the fact that this is basically not going to happen on a regular basis moving forward, but I can't shake the habit of hanging onto my favorite links. Decided I'd just share them in their own post!
- First of all, Manu Ginobili's retirement letter to fans, translated by Pounding the Rock. Excuse me while I sob.
- A very simple rule from Austin Kleon that I think I'll be following from here on out.
- Then-and-now photos from Hurricane Harvey photographers. Mind-blowing.
- As part of learning to edit my own photos, I'm trying to pay more attention to edits I'm drawn to and mimic those. Wyn Myers and Nick Kelley are two of my favorites — their photos are always saturated and contrasty to just the right degree, not overly so.
- This interactive infographic on how America uses its land was ag-nerd heaven for me.
- Good things happen in bookstores. <3
- A beginner's guide to ethical shopping by Minimalista.
- This video series by Howler Brothers is way too much fun.
- Creative Mornings curated a list of 20 ideas on the craft, process, and impact of writing.
- Another photographer I'm obsessed with — Minta Maria. The colors and perspectives rare incredible.
- Kacey Musgraves and Harry Styles covering Shania Twain at Madison Square Garden you're WELCOMEEE.
- This glacial photo series is so pretty I can't stand it.
- "A Disgruntled Federal Employee's 1980s Desk Calendar"
I think that's it for this round. Let me know if I missed anything super good the past few months — I'll add it to my own list!