Throughout my time working for Kingsland Baptist Church, I have had the opportunity to use my skills in writing, marketing, and basic graphic design (layout is my strong suit!) to champion the work of the church's missions department and missions partners. It's life-giving and an honor to use the gifts God has given me to contribute to the goals of such worthy ministries, including:
- Kingsland itself! The church financially, materially, physically, and spiritually supports so many partners both local and global, and I love getting to tell our people the stories of the impact their generosity has in the world. My initial project during my internship, in fact, was our annual missions publication; a 44-page magazine showing and telling Kingsland members about the initiatives they supported throughout the year. I had the privilege of both writing and designing the publication (and documented a lot of the process in my Friday blog posts).
- Manna House, a men's addiction recovery ministry in Brookshire, Texas. I helped them focus their branding, set up and provided all photography and copy for their new website (the old one still exists here, for comparison, though we're working on letting it go), created a new Facebook page, and assisted in the creative development of a video piece that's still in the works.
- The Comforter's Center, a pregnancy help center in Kampala, Uganda. I redesigned their logo and all promotional print materials — business cards, flyers, tri-fold brochures, and posters. (For reference, here is the old brochure they were working with. I mocked up several different options for them — this is an early rendering of another option, for example — but in the end, they wanted simple, basic and bright!)
For confidentiality reasons, I can't provide the clients for whom I worked or samples from their campaigns The Fedd Agency. However, you can find a list of the agency's clients here, to give you an idea of the authors and brands we worked with. For full-service Fedd Social clients, I designed original brand strategies (their voice, visual aesthetic, marketing angle, etc.), created corresponding content (graphics, blog posts, social media posts, Facebook advertisements, emails, website copy, etc.), implemented marketing campaigns through email and social media platforms, managed and trained clients on said platforms throughout their engagement. Partial-service clients managed their own platforms, but received brand strategy, content creation, campaign implementation and platform training according to services purchased. I also provided branding consultation and occasional content for Agency clients.
Some of my favorite projects I headed up and/or collaborated on:
- Taking a new author from zero to 10K Facebook followers through strategic advertising and content marketing
- Redesigning an author's personal logo
- Brainstorming marketing ideas for an author — including a podcast that has since been implemented and grown to a substantial audience
- Designing custom graphics for a client's blog (he called it "Ryley-fying" his posts)
- Rebranding a client's personal website and social media content for 300 percent organic growth
- Editing a client short story and implementing it as an email capture
In April 2015, Sports Spectrum Magazine contracted me to write a feature piece on University of Texas baseball catcher James Barton.
Liberty University Club Sports:
- Josh Halpenny Recruit Profile
- Beach Volleyball Tournament, Program Growth
- Wrestling Recruits
- Strength Coach Profile
- Facility Updates Feature
- Women's DI Hockey Recruits Feature
- Men's Lacrosse Schedule/Recruit Preview (later picked up by the MCLA site)
- 2014 Hockey Season Preview (video introduction)
- Men's DII Hockey vs. Virginia Tech Showcase
- Men's DIII Hockey vs. USC
- Men's DII Hockey vs. UMBC
- Men's DII Hockey vs. Maryland
- Men's DIII Hockey vs. Ole Miss
- Men's Lacrosse Preseason Show Preview
- Men's Lacrosse History Feature
- Men's Lacrosse vs. Tennessee
- 2015 Snowflex Games
- Wrestling Feature
Liberty University Athletics:
Some articles were released in print only (e.g. all of MBB '12-13), but I provided links below to all that later appeared online.
- Football '12 — Cory Freeman
- WBB '12-13 — Tolu Omotola, Terika Lunsford, LaKendra Washington, Brittany Campbell, Devon Brown
- Football '13 — Cory Freeman, Walt Aikens, Richard Wright, Grant Bowden, Scott Hyland, Malcolm Boyd
- MBB '13-14 — Joel Vander Pol
- WBB '13-14 — Reagan Miller, Ashley Rininger, Emily Frazier, Katelyn Adams, Catherine Kearney
- Football '14 — Jacob Hagen, Mitch Hanson, Chima Uzowihe, Kenny Scott, Nick Sigmon
- Football '15 — Chima Uzowihe, Darrin Peterson, Desmond Rice, John Lunsford, Josh Woodrum
- Spring 2014 — Men's DII Hockey vs. FGCU, Men's Lacrosse Season Preview, Women's DI Hockey vs. Northeastern, Men's Lacrosse Feature, WBB vs. Winthrop, WBB Tournament Preview, Men's DII Hockey Natty's, LU Dunk Prank Viral Video, Seiz Siblings Feature, Shea Thomas Profile, USA Softball Summer Tour, Summer Training Feature
- Fall 2014 — Football Preview, Hockey Preview, Men's DI Hockey vs. Potomac, Men's DI Hockey vs. Navy, MBB Boot Camp, Men's DI Hockey vs. Arizona, Men's DI Hockey vs. Davenport (Game 2)
- Spring 2015 — Men's DI Hockey vs. Rochester, Men's DI Hockey vs. Ohio, MBB vs. Charleston Southern (print only), Men's DI Hockey vs. West Virginia, Men's DI Hockey vs. Minot State, Men's Hockey Playoffs, Shawn Clowers profile, Baseball vs. Campbell
While newsletter content from my tenure with Liberty University Varsity Club is unavailable to link, early spotlight stories can be found in the notes section of their Facebook page.